Staging & Styling Your Property Part 2
Home staging and styling is an art and can add significant value when it comes time to sell your property.
Staging is the methodical process of preparing a property for sale in a way that will appeal to the highest number of buyers.
By decluttering, depersonalizing, and enhancing the positive aspects of a property, staging encourages potential buyers to immediately visualize themselves living in the house.
The shape, size and architecture of the living room can guide you in successful staging.
When arranging furniture and accessorizing, you should be aware of function, flow and focal points. Balancing the furniture is critical for successful staging in all living room designs.
When staging and styling the living room, ensure to:
2. Keep window coverings simple to ensure as much natural light is let in as possible and add a contemporary floor lamp for extra light.
3. Add colour and texture in accent pieces like pillows, throws and a large rug. Use a large mirror to create the illusion of space and light.
4. When accesorising, use neutral medium to large-sized accessories. Larger accessories will be noticed and have more impact as you enter a room, whereas alot of small accessories can appear as clutter. Keep it simple such as an open book on the coffee table.
5. Greenery will add life to any room, fill an empty corner with a tall large leafed plant for dramatic impact.
6. Add a piece of artwork and ensure to select artwork at least 2/3 to 3/4 the width of what it’s hanging over.
As bathrooms are a private space you need to ensure it is sparkling clean with all personal items away. You can ensure your bathroom has a positive impact on buyer by:
- Avoid creating a theme within your bathroom, instead use a neutral theme.
- Add colour and texture with new towels, a new floor mat and a new shower curtain.
- Remove all personal items such as shampoo and toothbrushes.
- Use scented soaps, candles and flowers for decoration.
It is important for the function of each room to be clear and appeal to the highest number of buyers.
- Kids Room should be for sleeping, playing, studying NOT toyshop (put away kids toys).
- Guest Room should be relaxing and luxurious NOT exercise room, ironing room, catch-all room (as guest rooms often end up being).
- Minimise clutter, wall hangings and remove any personal items so buyers feel comfortable in the space.
- Make storage areas appear generous by removing all out-of-season clothing and extra items.
- Make the bed look luxurious with a few euro pillows, normal pillows, extra cushions and at least one throw.
To see our Staging and Styling Click Here