If you have an Emergency at your premises please follow the below steps:
What Do I Do After Hours, Public Holidays or during the Christmas Period?
1. Consider carefully whether the repair is an Emergency or if it can wait until tomorrow or until after the break;
2. Refer to our emergency contacts below:
Argo Plumbing - Phone: 0417 627 154
Power Bolt Electrical - Phone: 0403 653 153
Moreton Bay Gas Fitting - Phone: 0418 193 342
3. If there is no response from our contractors and the repair is Emergency, please contact an alternative licenced contractor;
4. In all instances, you MUST notify our office immediately in writing of any Emergency Repairs that may have been resolved after hours.
PLEASE NOTE: If you contact the afterhours emergency repairs contractors, and it is determined the matter was deemed not to have been an emergency or the repairs required were a result of tenant neglect, you understand and agree you may be liable for the costs of any after-hours call-out fees and other associated costs from that contractor.
- If water is running constantly look for the mains tap and turn it off.
- Have as much detail as possible ready before you dial our office, or use a tradesperson.
Meaning of Emergency Repair
Emergency Repairs are works needed to repair any of the following:
- burst water service or serious water service leak
- a blocked or broken lavatory system
- a serious roof leak
- a gas leak
- a dangerous electrical fault
- flooding or serious flood damage
- serious storm, fire or impact damage
- a failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply to the premises
- a failure or breakdown of any essential service or appliance on the premises for hot water, cooking or heating
- a fault or damage that makes the premises unsafe or insecure
- a fault or damage likely to injure a person, damage property or unduly inconvenience a resident of the premises
- a serious fault in a staircase, lift or other common area of the premises that unduly inconveniences a resident in gaining access to, or using, the premises.
Routine Repairs are repairs other than emergency repairs.
In all instances, if the matter is life threatening, call 000.
If you require more detailed information, you wish to access the RTA's Pocket Guide for tenants: